Come one, come all! Enjoy the bright northern nights and beautiful lakeside at the most relaxing and entertaining event of the Known World. Ten days of camping, exciting classes and workshops, chivalrous tournaments, archery, excellent company, and that magical atmosphere of the Northern Summer nights… That’s what Cudgel War is all about.
The site opens on Friday 8.7.2022 at 2 p.m. and closes on Sunday 17.7.2022
” Ten days of camping, exiting classes and workshops, chivalrous tournaments, archery, excellent company, and that magical atmosphere of the Northern Summer nights… That’s what Cudgel Wars is all about.”
Kavalahti Camping Site (Björnvikintie 109, 10230 Inkoon as), Inkoo, Finland. About an hour from Helsinki by car, and 90 minutes from Turku. There is also public transportation that comes rather close (bus on Route 51, train to Karjaa).
The event is foremost a tent camp. The site has drinkable tap water inside and proper toilets. There are showers in the saunas.
Unfortunately the site is a camping site, which can be challenging for people with reduced mobility. The toilet for disabled people is about 200 meters from the indoor sleeping space, near the kitchen
Three meals are served daily: generous breakfast, light lunch and a warm supper. We serve two feasts during the event, the first is a traditional feast on Wednesday and the second is open to everybody on the 2nd Saturday. There are also two small kitchens for those who want to cook for themselves.
We will not be able to serve meals for everyone, due to the small kitchen, so please reserve early. The Feasts can be served for 120 people.
All meals are low lactose. While registering, you can select lactose free, gluten free or lacto-ovo-vegetarian meals. Unfortunately we cannot take into account any other allergies or special diets. Please consider that there is always a risk of contamination, because we don’t have a separate kitchen for the allergy foods.
There may be some changes in meals this year due to COVID-19.
The COVID-19 situation will affect the event. For example, we may need to restrict the use of indoor spaces, give guidance on wearing masks, and make changes to how meals are conducted. Details will be provided later.
- The site is ”damp”, so enjoy mainly only mild alcohol beverages. Smoking is allowed only on the marked spots.
- Pets are only allowed outdoors. Dogs should be kept on a leash during the whole camp.
- In the site rules bedsheets are mandatory for all sleeping in the beds, even when using a sleeping bag.
- Making a fire is allowed only on designated common or camp fireplaces. Fire is not allowed indoors without a permission from the steward. If forest fire warning is in place, no other fires, including torches, are allowed.
- If your cap has a fireplace there must be a fire extinguisher in the tent.
- The guardians are always responsible for the underaged campers!
- By the lake: No children should go swimming without their own responsible adult at the beach. While paddling, everyone must wear a life vest. Paddlers must write down their planned route and schedule on the list by the beach. Paddling alone is not allowed!
The registration opens 4th May 2022 at 6 p.m. Finnish time (EEST; UTC+3).
You can choose your services from the list below. The registering system counts the price accordingly.
- Adults (15+v)
- Teenagers (7-14v)
- Kids (3-6v)
- Under 3-year-olds attend for free.
The longer you stay, the lower the site fee
Site fee for a day, adult: 12,00-8,50 eur (the longer you stay, the lower the site fee)
Site fee for a day, teenager: 11,00-6,50 eur (the longer you stay, the lower the site fee)
Site fee for a day, kid: 9,00-5,50 eur (the longer you stay, the lower the site fee)
Indoor sleeping: 5,00 eur/night
Breakfast, adult: 2,00 eur
Breakfast, teenager: 1,00 eur
Breakfast, kid: 0,50 eur
Lunch, adult: 3,00 eur
Lunch, teenager: 1,50 eur
Lunch, kid: 1,00 eur
Dinner, adult: 4,50 eur
Dinner, teenager: 2,50 eur
Dinner, kid: 1,50 eur
Wednesday feast, adult: 12,00 eur
Feast, teenager: 8 eur
Feast, kid: 6 eur
Non-member fee: 5,00 eur (only for adults)
Visit for a day, no food included: 12,00 eur
Late fee: 10,00 eur
Those living in Finland must pay by 6th of June.
Visitors from euro countries and Sweden are strongly encouraged to pay their participation fees in advance (IBAN FI2980001900530651; BIC code is DABAFIHH), but all foreign visitors may pay at the door. Late payment will incur a 10 eur late fee.
Cancellations must be made by 6th of June for a full refund. After that we cannot reimburse you. If you have a reservation and neither cancel, pay, nor come to the event, we will charge you all costs according to your reservation at regular prices, including a handling fee of 3 euros.
Meistres Myfanwy Methig